As I’m sure many of you saw, I turned 26 last week.
I’m having a harder time accepting that I’m now closer to 30 than 20. I really wish I could be that carefree person that’s like “OMG YAS! I love growing older because I’m such more wise and worldly”.
But I’m not.
I am over here like “I totally can see under eye wrinkles forming and gray hair. Can I be 24 forever?”
Don’t get me wrong, I get that growing up is part of life and I’ll learn to embrace that but it just might take me some more time (and a few glasses of wine).
When I turned 23 it didn’t really register with me so one night at a bar someone asked my age and I said 22. My friend corrected me and told me I was actually 23 and I started crying (granted I was like 5 tequilas in). So dealing with age has never been a strong point for me.
Anyways, in my reflecting period I thought of 26 things that I’ve learned in my 26 years of life that have helped me through this thing called life. I’m hoping some of these are relatable or insightful or just make you laugh.
- There is no thing as too much wine.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- It’s totally acceptable to have a 10pm bed time because sleep is SO important.
- Drink lots of water! 💦
- Make an effort to stay in touch with those who matter to you.
- Be nice to everyone. What’s that saying? Oh yeah, You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
- Maybe stop ordering take out 5 times a week.
- It’s worth that few extra bucks on a bottle of wine.
- Money isn’t everything. 💰
- Don’t be so hard on yourself.
- Family isn’t always just blood related.
- It’s totally okay to eat that extra slice of pizza. 🍕
- But you should also take care of your body, you’ve only got one!
- Being weird is way better than being normal.
- Sometimes you outgrow people in your life.
- It’s okay to be wrong.
- Nobody loves you like your mother.
- Trying new things is the only way to discover what you like.
- A clean home is a happy home. 🏡
- It’s a great idea to disconnect from the world every now and again.
- Never be afraid to tell someone how you feel about them.
- Traveling is the best way to learn.
- Learning how to cook has saved my life. Literally I would have starved to death without knowing.
- Save your money.
- But also treat yo self whenever you want.
- It only gets better as you get older. 💁🏼