Being an adult can be hard.
I have a 9-5 job that pays the bills but my real passion and hobby is being able to write posts just like these and run Chel Loves Wine. I love drinking wine, tasting wine, writing about wine, taking photos of wine. It’s what I’m passionate about and I try to find ways to incorporate that into my daily routine.
When you’re stressed out it can be hard to do what you love. If you don’t make time for yourself, who will? Here are 5 things I do to zen out to make sure I can be my best, least stressed self.
- First and foremost, I love to unwind with a glass of wine after a hard day at work. I mean, just look how good that bottle of Wente Wine looks.
- I love to find a quiet place to sit, even if it is just for 5 minutes. In NYC that can be hard because there are people everywhere, on the subways, the streets, even in my apartment. But it makes all the difference if I come home from work close the door and just sit for a few minutes to reflect and decompress.
- I try to go to the gym a few times a week to work out any stress I may be feeling. If I can’t make it to the gym I love to do yoga right in my living room. It’s easy & free. Not to mention working out is a great for so many parts of your body like your skin, digestive system and yo brain!
- Reading is such a huge relaxation point for me. I love to pick of my new favorite wine book (like Cork Dork or Wine All The Time) and just unwind. Definitely read about something that makes you happy and you enjoy and for me that’s obviously wine.
- Lastly, I love to cook. Chopping veggies is like therapy for me (except for when I cut my hands open, see here and here). Making a delicious meal to pair with my wine is like my stress relief and passion all in one.
If you guys think I’m crazy now you should see me when I don’t do these things. Just ask my boyfriend. God bless him.
Check out this fun video I made with Wente Wines talking about all the things I listed above.