Easter Cocktails: For when holidays with the family can be tough.
My family is usually pretty good about not bothering me about my job, love life, finances, living arrangements, etc. but sometimes they just feel the NEED to tell me what they think and that’s where booze comes to my rescue. (please note I only support binge drinking on Thursday-Saturday and holidays.. and sometimes Wednesdays.) I’m sure everyone reading this knows what I’m talking about. Having a drink in your hand in these situation gives you several options to make those conversations go as smoothly as possible.
Option 1: take a drink every time you feel the need to talk back to Aunt Betty.
Option 2: when you’ve drank your whole glass due to option 1, you can excuse yourself to go get a refill.
Since Easter is this Sunday I wanted to provide you with some liquid
courage patience, to help you deal with your family, like an adult.
Enjoy these cocktails that are light, fresh and full of alcohol. HAPPY EASTER.
- Orange slice
- 3 parts Prosecco
- 2 parts Aperol
- 1 part sparkling water
- Add ice and a slice of orange to a glass. Pour in the Prosecco, then the Aperol, and finally the sparkling water.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried culinary lavender (You can purchase off Amazon)
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounce lavender syrup
- 1/4 ounce Page's Parfait Amour
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Soda water
- Lavender flower, for garnish (optional)
- Add the sugar, water, and lavender to a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the syrup has come to a simmer.
- Cook for 2 more minutes, and then take it off the heat and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the lavender out; chill before using.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Add the vodka, lavender syrup, Page's Parfait Amour, and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously, and strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Top off with soda water, and garnish with a sprig of lavender, if using.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 of a fresh jalapeno, sliced in half
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup jalapeño simple syrup
- 1-2 shots of silver tequila
- extra lime juice for the rim of the glass
- salt or sugar for the rim of the glass
- First, make the simple syrup: in a small saucepan combine the sugar, water and jalapeño. Bring to a simmer while smashing the jalapeño with a wooden spoon to extract the flavor. Once it boils, remove from heat and let cool completely. Transfer to a container and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- To make the margaritas: blend the diced peaches, lime juice, 1/4 cup of the jalapeño simple syrup, and tequila in a blender. Add a handful of ice cubes and blend until slushy. Enjoy garnished with lime and jalapeño slices.
- 1 Orange
- 1 Pink Grapefruit
- 2 lemons
- 750 ml bottle chilled white wine
- 1½ cups Limoncello
- 3 cups sparkling wine
- Clean the orange, grapefruit and lemons thoroughly then cut into ¼ inch thick slices.
- In a large pitcher combine white wine, sliced citrus and limoncello. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, stir in the sparkling wine. Pour into individual glasses. If desired, garnish glasses with sliced fruit from the pitcher.
Pin this article!