I like to think that we can drink sangria year round.
White sangria in the summer, red sangria in the fall? I think that works for me. What do you think? But in all honesty, you can make this awesome red sangria I have listed below and switch up the fruits to make it a summer or winter sangria.
I’m calling this one a fall sangria because the combo of red apple, blackberry, pomegranate seeds and brandy really make this perfect to enjoy during the cooler temperatures. Just imagine sitting outside with a knit sweater on, a scarf, there is a cool breeze and you have a glass of this kick ass sangria in your hand.
You can use any red wine you want, but a red Spanish wine really does the trick here. It’s cheap and useful.
My Spanish Wine Suggestion: Borsao Tres Picos
Let me know what you guys think! I would love to know some of your favorite sangria recipes… I mean who doesn’t love fruit and wine together!?
- 2 bottles red of Spanish table wine
- 1 cup blackberry brandy
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 cup orange juice (put into ice cube trays)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- Red Apple slices
- Pomegranate seeds
- Combine all the ingredients (except the orange juice ice cubes) in a pitcher and pop it in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- Right before serving add your OJ cubes.
- Perfection in a glass is what that is.