Raise your hand if you know someone that doesn’t like sangria.
No one? Okay, that’s what I thought. Moving on.
The warm weather is finally here to stay so that means we can start fruit in our booze again.
But seriously, nothing taste better when you’re at a rooftop fête, escaping the sweltering NYC summer heat than a glass of sangria. Since Memorial Day (the unofficially, totally official first day of summer) is rapidly approaching I figured we should kick this week off with this kick ass Strawberry Rosé Sangria. Please enjoy this perfection in a glass and let me know what you think.
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 Valencia orange, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 bottle Rosé (I like Club W's "Summer Water")
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup
- lemon verbena sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 2 cup sparkling water
- In a large pitcher, combine the strawberries and orange and lemon slices. Use the end of a wooden spoon to muddle the fruit a bit.
- In a small glass combine the brandy and the simple syrup. Pour this and the bottle of rosé over the fruit. Chill for at least an hour (preferably 24 hours). Just before serving, stir in the sparkling water.
- Spoon some of the fruit into glasses, pour in the liquid, garnish, and serve.
- Perfection in a glass is what that is. ENJOY.